June 7, 2022
The Physical Sciences Division has selected nine graduate students to receive a William Rainey Harper Dissertation Fellowship for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The intent of the award is two-fold: to recognize significant achievement and to facilitate completion of the doctoral degree. This award, one of the University of Chicago’s highest honors, is given in recognition of a PhD candidate’s record of achievement and professional promise. The Harper Dissertation Fellowship provides a stipend of $4,000.
Congratulations to this year’s recipients:
- Baorui Cheng, Chemistry, Jiwoong Park, advisor
- Rebecca Diesing, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Damiano Caprioli, advisor
- Adina Feinstein, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Jacob Bean, advisor
- Mykyta Onizhuk, Chemistry, Giulia Galli, advisor
- Solomon Quinn, Computational & Applied Math, Guillaume Bal, advisor
- Colin Scheibner, Physics, Vincenzo Vitelli, advisor
- Emily Wenger, Computer Science, Ben Zhao, advisor
- Xu Zhang, Computer Science, Junchen Jiang, advisor
- Lijia Zhou, Statistics, Nati Srebro, advisor