September 26, 2019
- UChicago Magazine: Chemist Bozhi Tian illuminates pacemaker technology.
- Prof. Daniel Holz discusses the gravitational-wave 'revolution' with Scientific American.
- Ludwig Cancer Research profiles Wenbin Lin's path from coastal village in China to nanodesigner.
- UChicago Magazine: Computer scientist Pedro Lopes integrates technology with anatomy.
- Prof. Daniel Holz comments on merged black holes in Science.
- Prof. Fred Chong discusses possible technological advancements using quantum computing.
- CNBC features Asst. Prof. Pedro Lopes’ research into wearable tech.
- Prof. Chuan He discusses how federal action to address research security concerns might damage U.S. science collaborations.
- Dust from a giant asteroid crash caused an ancient ice age.
- Ambitious project to map the Big Bang’s afterglow earns NSF funding.
- Collaboration leads to new understanding of quantum mechanics in circuits.
Education and Community
- UChicago mathematician, physicists win $3 million ‘Oscars of science’.
- UChicago Library and Dept. of Astronomy and Astrophysics partner to mine historical Yerkes slides for astronomical data.
- Lecture series examines growing research on gravitational waves.
- Fifteen new faculty members join the Physical Sciences Division.
- Out in PSD & PME Celebrates LGBTQ+ Voices in STEM.
- Five UChicago CS Students honored as 2020 Siebel Scholars.
- New York Times features "Do Not Erase," a photo survey of the blackboards of mathematicians, including Prof. Amie Wilkinson.