PSD PhD Diploma and Hooding Ceremony
2024 PhD Diploma and Hooding Ceremony Date: June 1, 2024
Degree candidates must register for the ceremony in addition to submitting their application to graduate. The application to graduate will be submitted in your graduation quarter; the ceremony registration form becomes available in late March.
Students from the following PhD programs are eligible to participate in the PSD PhD Diploma Ceremony:
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Biophysical Sciences
- Computational and Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Data Science (beginning in the 2024-25 academic year)
- Geophysical Sciences
The PhD Diploma Ceremony is typically held on Saturday of Convocation directly following the University-wide Convocation in the morning.
Graduates participating in the PhD Diploma Ceremony must wear academic regalia to participate. For PhD candidates, regalia includes:
- Doctoral robe (available through the University Bookstore)
- Doctoral tam (available through the University Bookstore)
- Doctoral hood (available through the University Bookstore)
Graduates are welcome to invite guests. Tickets are not required.
Students who are inviting guests from abroad are welcome to reach out to the Dean of Students Office to request an invitation letter for their guests that may be useful during the visa application process.
Students receiving a PhD can choose to rent or order their doctoral regalia. More details and deadlines are below. Please note that students will need to pick up their regalia from the University Bookstore.
How to Order
- This link can be used to order regalia online. Please note that students wishing to purchase regalia should use the link on this page that says “Purchase Fine Quality MD/PhD/JD Regalia” to be redirected to the purchase page.
- Once you’ve selected the PhD regalia, choose the option that includes PSD.
- Candidates are required to wear the doctoral robe, tam, and hood.
|Final day to order online for regalia purchase
|April 1, 2024
|Final day to order online for regalia rental
|April 15, 2024
|Rental and purchase pickup begins at the University Bookstore
|Week of May 27, 2024