The Dean of Students Office works with students, faculty, divisional staff, and campus partners to advance the academic, personal, and professional development of students in the Physical Sciences Division. Our central mission is to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students as they pursue their education and thrive as members of the broader University of Chicago community.
The PSD Dean of Students Office staff remain available during Spring Quarter 2020. Our regular business hours continue to be 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. You can reach the Dean of Students Office by emailing email@example.com or contacting any of the deans listed below:
The Dean of Students Office supports students, faculty, and staff in many ways. These include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a point of contact for prospective students with questions about their applications
- Facilitating the admission and matriculation of all students
- Advising on questions regarding Physical Sciences Division and University policies
- Working with students on issues of concern and connecting them with University of Chicago resources
- Providing resources and information related to student wellness
- Managing grievance procedures for students and facilitating student feedback
- Serving as a liaison between Student Disability Services and faculty/staff
- Managing student disciplinary processes
- Organizing and supporting special events including Orientation and Convocation
- Managing departmental financial aid for students
- Providing student engagement opportunities including the Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
For all inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Eckhardt Research Center, Room 307 (campus map)
5640 South Ellis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–noon; 1:00–4:30 p.m.