Newly-admitted PhD students who will arrive at the University of Chicago in the summer prior to their Autumn start date as a Summer Research Arrival (SRA) should complete the following tasks:
- Claim your CNET ID and regularly check your University of Chicago email
- Set up two-factor authentication
- Submit a photo for your ID card and pick up your UChicago ID card
- Complete any onboarding steps related to your funding. You will receive additional emails about how to complete these steps.
- Insurance (U-SHIP) - enroll or waive by the deadline of June 30. The enroll/waiver portal is available on the insurance website.
- During Summer Quarter, PhD students with proof of comparable coverage can submit a waiver request for insurance for summer only. You should notify your department if you will be waiving insurance.
- If you do not take action by June 30, you will be automatically enrolled in summer U-SHIP
- Beginning in Autumn Quarter, you will be automatically enrolled in U-SHIP for the duration of your PhD program. The department covers costs of your U-SHIP premiums.