Student Employment Exceptions

Students who wish to work more than 20 hours per week in a quarter in which they are registered full-time require pre-approval from the Division before accepting or starting employment. See the University Student Manual for the full policy.

  • Students should contact the Dean of Students Office to request approval in writing.
  • Students who are RAs should seek approval from their advisor or PI before contacting their student affairs administrator.

Note: international student work hours are limited by federal law. See Office of International Affairs for details on work authorization.