Thank you to all who supported our students. Your generosity made it possible to surpass our goal!
The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a historically high number of PhD students joining the PSD for the 2020–21 academic year. We were excited by the popularity of our PhD programs, but supporting all of these students required an additional $3.6 million above our anticipated costs for the year. Last summer we reached out to all of our alumni and supporters with a challenge: help us close the funding gap to support our students.
We were overwhelmed by the response from our alumni and friends, and we are pleased to report that the PSD Fellowship Challenge surpassed its goal to raise a total of $3.75 million to support our graduate students. Highlights of the challenge include:
- $980,841 in gifts from just over 1,000 individual PSD supporters;
- $969,500 in gifts from the PSD Council, with 100% participation from active Council members; and
- An anonymous challenge gift of $1.8M from a long-time supporter of the PSD, providing a one-to-one match to the gifts above.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the PSD Fellowship Challenge at any level. Our students, faculty, and staff are very grateful for your generous support during this challenging time.
- Twenty PSD students selected as 2020–21 Radix Trading Fellows
- Welcoming the largest class of graduate students in PSD history